We could give you a million and one reasons as to why you should collect sports trading cards, that wouldn't be as fun so we thought we would have
another chat with Chat GPT to see what reasons it thinks you should join the hobby, here's what it had to say...
'Hey Chat GPT. Why should I start collecting sports trading cards in 2023?'
'There are several reasons why someone might consider starting to collect sports trading cards in 2023:
- Investment Potential: Some people collect sports trading cards as an investment, with the hope that the value of the cards will increase over time. There have been instances where rare cards have sold for hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Passion for Sports: If you are a sports fan, collecting trading cards is a great way to show your passion and connect with other fans. You can build a collection of cards featuring your favorite players or teams.
- Nostalgia: Trading cards have been around for over a century, and for many people, they bring back fond memories of their childhood. Collecting cards can be a way to relive those memories or to introduce the hobby to a new generation.
- Access to Exclusive Content: Many trading card sets include special inserts and limited edition cards that can only be obtained by purchasing packs of cards. This can add an element of excitement and unpredictability to the collecting experience.
Regardless of your motivation, collecting sports trading cards can be a fun and rewarding hobby. Just be sure to do your research and understand the market before making any big investments.'
'Are there any other reasons?'
'Yes, there are several other reasons why someone might consider starting to collect sports trading cards in 2023:
- Community: Collecting sports trading cards can be a great way to connect with other like-minded people. There are many online forums and social media groups dedicated to the hobby, where you can share your collection, trade cards, and learn from other collectors.
- Educational Value: Collecting sports trading cards can be a great way to learn about different sports, players, and teams. Many cards include statistics, biographical information, and other historical details that can help you deepen your knowledge and appreciation for the sport.
- Physical Connection to Sports History: By collecting trading cards, you have a tangible connection to the athletes and teams that you admire. You can hold a piece of sports history in your hands, and pass it down to future generations.
- Fun: Above all, collecting sports trading cards is simply a lot of fun. There's a thrill to opening a pack of cards and discovering what's inside, and the excitement of adding a new card to your collection. Whether you're a seasoned collector or just starting out, sports trading cards can be a fun and engaging hobby.'
Did Chat GPT get it right, did you start collecting for one of these reasons?